Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I need a new routine

Ok ladies I hope someone can help me out. I decided that I need a new workout routine it's about that time that I need to switch it up and I need some ideas as far as exercises. Here is what I've been doing .

Monday (Legs)

  • Angled leg press 3 sets of 12 (140lbs) with 25 sec presses in between.
  • Angled leg press 3 sets 12 one legged (50lbs) with 20 sec presses in between.
  • Squats 3 sets of 20 (40-45lbs) with ladders in between sets.
  • Inner leg squats 3 sets of 15 (40lbs)
  • Lunges 4 sets of 12 (20lbs)
  • Dead lifts 3 sets of 12 (40lbs)
  • Abs
  • Cardio 20-30min.

Tuesdays (Arms and chest)

  • Free weight bicep curls 3 sets of 12 (30lbs)
  • Side bicep curls 3 sets of 12 (24lbs)
  • Bench press 3 sets of 15 (30-40lbs)
  • Free weight flys 3 sets of 10 (20lbs) with 10sec presses in between.
  • Triceps 3 sets of 15 (15lbs)
  • Push ups 3 sets of 10
  • Abs
  • Cardio 20-30min intervals on the treadmill.

Wednesday

  • Yoga
  • Cardio 20min

Thursday (Legs)

  • Same as Monday

Friday

  • OFF

Saturday

  • Same as Tuesday but will throw in some shoulder and back exercises....sorry I don' t know some of the names of the exercises.

Sunday

  • Mountain Bike ride

So if anyone has any suggestions or ideas please let me know I'm getting board of my routine! Hope to hear from all of you soon.

P.S. I have to give much thanks for my ipod I wouldn't be able to get through the gym without it.....what does everyone have on their ipod??? I could use some new music too!!! am I asking too much?!?!

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

you could try my new routine! Mondays: I do Quads,hamstrings,triceps,shoulders, and chest....It's good to do upper body then lower body! I do about 25 reps right now to failure! Then I do the spin and abs class!
Tuesdays: Calves,inner/outter thighs,glutes, biceps,and upper back! Again with 25 reps! 30 min. cardio
Wednesdays: I solely do Abs and lower back! and 30 min cardio
Thursday: repeat monday
Friday: repeat tuesday
Saturday: repeat Wed!
Sunday: REST!

We sound like gym junkie fanatics!!

Tasha said...

I love mika! I just got the CD two days ago and its fun.

Brianna said...

Um...you could do my routine, run a few times a week. Does that count? Although I have been doing abs a little. Sorry Joanna, I'm no help. Are you and Ali coming to PC for the NORBA event this weekend?

Anonymous said...

YOu should do "Mark style" cardio. Super intense for as long as you can with rests in between each intensity. I can only do like 6 min of that...Wait, Im not doing any cardio right now. I SUCK!!!
I have no advice. Right now I am only doing Pilates 2 days a week. I am in line for a 3rd day right now. I gotta do more.

Anonymous said...

How have I missed 2 posts from you!!? YOu hardly do them. I am getting lazy.
So you and your husband are freakin cute together! Just thought you might like to know:P
I love your top!

Joanna Goulet said...

Thanks for all the advice ladies....or lack there of..I'm kidding! Breanna my husband just left to mount hood for a week or else we would be at that race. But I'm really craving Elchabasco....maybe I need to head up to PC.

Tasha said...

Brianna-
I think I totally saw you at NORBA today! It was in passing, so I wasn't for sure, now I am.

Anonymous said...

Tash you were at PC again? What the heck woman! Oh yeah, I talked to you last night duh! I am jealous you saw Brianna! When she comes down here we will have to hang.

Cassidy Legg said...

I will tell you what you need

A NEW POST!!!!