Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ok...Ok...

I know I've been out of the "Blog" scene for a few days but don't worry I'm back! I wanted to let everyone know about the fabulous BBQ I had over the weekend....sorry I have no pictures to prove it but I promise it really did exists. If anyone wants to impress people at their next BBQ you have to try some of these tasty items that I had at mine.

  • Gourmet Hamburgers (These are not your average burger I promise)

The first one consisted of melted provolone cheese, caramelized onions, and mushrooms. Can I say that this one is DELISH!!!

The Second one I call my "Pesto" burger . I put pesto on both sides of the buns ( BTW you can buy pesto at any grocery store.) fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and of course fresh basil on top.....mmmmm...mmmmm TASTY!!!!!

  • Asparagus wrapped in Prosciutto

This is so easy and so tasty!!! all you do is pick out any kind of asparagus of your choice ( I per fer the thinner ones.) then you sprinkle some salt and pepper and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on them. And then you just wrap the prosciutto around them (when I use the thinner asparagus I bundle them up in three's it make for a really cute presentation.) And grill them up!! easy as that!

  • Last but now least Dessert I just call them Fruit cups

Pick out any kind of berries you enjoy ( I enjoy Strawberries, Blueberries, and Raspberries.) Put them in a bowl and squeeze 2-3 lemons on top and sprinkle sugar ( as much as you desire) mix it all together and place them in individual cups ( I used wine glasses) place a dollop of whip cream on top and crumble cookies on them for a perfect crunch. (Sorry I can't remember what cookies I used but vanilla wafers sound tasty.) It's so easy I promise!

Now if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!!! and if your wondering if this came out of a cook book your wrong......I really do have an imagination when it comes to food! I hope you enjoy it as much as all of my friends did.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

MMMmmm....I just salivated!! How come you never make me any of these tasty things when I see you? Maybe you should just be a chef if you like it so much! I like the dessert..it's easy to make! :)

Joanna Goulet said...

I don't ever make the tasty things because St.George has so many restaurants that I don't have to cook....ha..ha... we will have a BBQ next time for sure.